1. Welcome to the website for the gaming guild Doom Brigade!
    We hope you enjoy your visit.
    Thanks for checking us out!

Hunt: Showdown is a Cool Mix of Several Genres

Discussion in 'IGN News' started by NewsFeed, Jun 16, 2017.

1. NewsFeed

NewsFeed Newsfeed Post Creator

I’ll be honest and say that I was not expecting the coolest thing I saw at E3 to be a multiplayer shooter. But it was - even though calling Crytek’s Hunt: Showdown just a “multiplayer shooter” is a massive understatement. Hunt is an intricate blend of an survival shooter, team exploration, and dynamic open-world horror, with just a pinch of a rogue-lite RPG thrown in to boot - and this spooky hodge-podge looks fun as hell.

Set in the late 1800’s, you’ll play each match - which allegedly lasts anywhere from 15 minutes to a half hour, though they could probably go longer - as a professional monster hunter, contracted to banish some foul evil that’s crept into our plane of existence. While the lore may seem a little fast-and-loose at this stage, it’s a great setup for us to be dropped into the murky Louisiana swamp that serves as the game’s play area. “It’s not a very pristine environment we’re going into,” explains Dennis Schwarz, one of the lead designers on the project, referring to the more romanticized versions of London or American cities we so often see in games set in that time period. “We’re not going where everybody else is going in that era, we’re going into swamps.”

Continue reading…

Continue reading...